We’re encouraging people to head to key marginals on Thursday but there are chances to campaign in Hackney before you go and during the day if you don’t have time to travel. Full details are below.
POLLING DAY HACKNEY: FLASH MOB STATION LEAFLETING and GETTING OUT THE VOTE
Leafleting is timed to fit in with trips to marginals
• 8-9am: Hackney Central, contact is Pat on 07757006139
• 7.30-8.30am: Homerton, contact is James on 07910072079
• 7.30-8.40: Hackney Wick, contact is Lillian on 07554579428 (7.30-8am) and Chris on 07730883190 (8-8.40am)
• 7.30-8.30am: Haggerston, contact is Patrick on 07585447098
• 7.30-8.30: Hoxton, contact is Adam on 07518169634
Or join with Hackney North at Dalston Kingsland and Dalston Junction 8-9am or Clapton Station 7.30-9am, 5.30-7.30pm
After this, the Hackney Labour office at 86 Amhurst Road will be open from 10am to 6pm as our campaign centre.
POLLING DAY HACKNEY ON TOURS
• Milton Keynes South: Leaving at 9.15am from Dalston Junction Station. Please let Amanda know if you’re coming on 07891058130 so local organisers can coordinate lifts from the station. We will be getting the 9.46am train from Euston Station, tickets are £5 if you book in advance
• Thurrock: TWO groups: meeting 9am and 1.30pm outside Costa Coffee (7-19 Amhurst Rd next to Hackney Central Station). Space will be available in cars, but if we get a big enough group some of us may need to travel by public transport. The morning contact is Pat on 07757006139. The afternoon contact is Heather on 07748187216. If you can come at any other time during the day make your own way to Thurrock Labour Party office, Commonwealth House, 10 Montreal Road, RM18 7QX.
• Enfield North: Meet at 11am at Hackney Downs Station to travel together or arrive later and contact Alana on 07900321300 to find where they need people
• Enfield Southgate: Details to be confirmed, these will be posted on the website, Facebook and Twitter soon.
If you want to go to a marginal nearby after you finish work, email firstname.lastname@example.org and she can advise you where people are needed.
We have also set up polling day WhatsApp groups – join us for pre-polling day tour chats and more details about the day! Click on the links from each place above to join the associated group or go to this post on our website to find and share all four links: https://hackneysouthlabour.uk/polling-day-whatsapp-groups/
WHERE TO WATCH THE RESULTS IN HACKNEY
The Three Compasses E8 1NH and The Pembury Tavern E8 1JH will both be screening election coverage from 10pm until 2am. The Three Compasses will keep their kitchen open to 11pm and The Pembury Tavern are looking at keeping their kitchen open after 10pm when it usually closes. We have been overwhelmed by the number of people who booked for the party so we expanded from 1 to 2 pubs. They will both save space for activists arriving back from Getting Out The Vote and people will be admitted on a first-come-first served basis.